At The Oak Tree Academy, our motto 'From Acorns to mighty Oaks', embraces the idea of a learning journey through school and our belief in the potential of our pupils.
Our vision and aspiration for all our children is that they can become confident, secure, caring individuals who achieve personal success and develop a love of learning.
The Northern Education Trust Shared Values
We share with all Northern Education Trust Academies a set of guiding principles and commitments which include the One Academy Rule.
"The welfare of others is the first concern of all."
"The education of every child is held to be of equal value in this comprehensive community school."
A commitment to:
- The one academy rule:
"All pupils and adults are expected to behave in a responsible manner, both to themselves and others, showing consideration, courtesy and respect at all times."
- The achievement, personal development and well-being of children and young people, where the welfare of others is seen to be the first concern of all no matter their starting point
- Promoting and supporting parent and carer engagement in the development of learning and educational experience of their children
- Professional development and welfare of all the staff who are employees of the Northern Education Trust
- Understand the community context within which the academy operates and to engage in appropriate activities with other agencies and community groups in order to promote community cohesion and economic regeneration
- Having an aspiration to be the best, not just nationally but internationally
- Outstanding learning and teaching which engages pupils and is active, collaborative and encourages independence
- Student voice intended to empower and involve young people in the development and delivery of their own education and the life of their academy
- A modern curriculum which meets the needs of all learners, has clear progression routes internally and to both employment and further and higher education
- The development of professional networks, within our group and beyond, providing school to school support, opportunities for pupils, and sharing professional development
- Community involvement with our schools and to lifelong community learning.